Sagaku Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the City and surrounding areas of Sagaku the nightmare of many has come to life. The Earths final remaining survivors strive to survive in a morbid world where the dead walk the streets and the living struggle to live on...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riley
Admin
Riley

Number of posts : 43
Skill Points :
CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-27

CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... Empty
PostSubject: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:50 am

Within the lower levels of the abyss, Riley keeps a firm grip on his handgun with a light smile across his face. For some odd rhyme or reason, he was not so panicky anymore. He was calm and composed, his hand was relaxed around the grip of his 22 long rifle. Checking his corners by spinning on the spot, Riley was happy to admit he did not meet any more resistance as the day went on. There was that one crawler earlier that scared him shitless, but luckily it was already dead when it fell on top of him when he opened that closet earlier. Talk about a bad timing... who the hell shoots themselves in a closet? Nevertheless, he made sure to grab a hammer and knock it's head in for good measure. No sense turning his back on it and find gruel teeth in his neck. The thought sent shivers down his spine, nevertheless he kept his aim true as he went down the staircase to the basement levels. With a light smile, he noticed that the maintenance doors were unlocked. With a light sigh, he pushed heavily on the grimy door as it opened into a pool of darkness.

As he felt the tension rise within himself, he could only shudder in disbelief at the sight of the darkness. There were emergency lights shining behind him that shone into the darkness... but it only lit the room so far. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as Riley pulled out that small durable flashlight. Tucking away his rifle criss crossed around his back, he pulled out his CZ75 and checked the safety. Off, check. Placing his finger on the slide, he crossed his light under his arm and made his way into the revealing darkness. That familiar prickle went up his spine as he continued to walk haphazardly into the looming darkness. Why the hell did Johnny want his ass down here in the middle of nowhere... this place is going to get them both killed. Knocking against something, he look down to see a body. Holding back a shocked gasp, he shook his head to see there was a bullet hole on the right side of it's head. Well... Johhny was here, as he saw the AK-47 casing off to the side.

A light sigh escaped his lips as he made his way down the hall. He hoped he could pick up his reception in these catacombs...

Last edited by Riley on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cleaver

Number of posts : 21
Skill Points :
CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Cleaver slowly began his descent down the seemingly endless stairwell. The silence of the building was throwing him off, and the abstract lighting his flair emited was poor at best. His eyes peered into the darkness, trying to catch any movement. His bloodsoaked aparel was gettin sticky, and he pulled 2 butterfly knives out of his pockets just in case.

He was not trying to be quiet, his leather boots made dull clanking noise on the metal staircase as he descended. After about 8 flights of stairs he came to a crude landing, on which there was a doorway into the basic building. Below him, about two stories down, he could see that the stairwell had been broken off. He opted for the door option, and entered the dark room cautiousely.

The room had at one time been an elegant diner. Long ago the ages has wasted it away, and a few overturned tabled indicated that it had a history of violence. Cleaver stumbled over somethign and bent down to see a skull with a bullet hole directly over one eye. A shudder escaped him, and he moved on.

He came acrost a hole in the floor and dropped through, landing a floor below where he found stairs into the lower levels of the building. Taking his club Cleaver struck the staircase 3 times. The three blows echo'd through the building, signaling whatever freindlys there may be, and whatever enemies there were would be right on him any minute too.

Quickly he slid down the banister at least 8 floors before the stairwell ended in what he assumed to be the ground floor. There he waited, hoping the two freindlys were still alive...
Back to top Go down
Riley
Admin
Riley

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:38 pm

As the light from the doorway became smaller and smaller, Riley had to rely on the small cone of the sunfire defender flashlight he was carrying. It was one of the best flashlights in the world, but the downside was the fact he had got a bit picky and chose the smaller, compact version of the two. Nevertheless, the LED flashlight kept his cone efficiently enough to light the entire area in front of him. The downside was the fact his peripherals were killed to at least 80 percent. He was a lot more comfortable with being able to check his sides easily instead of having to wave the flashlight everywhere to find out if a zed was going to jump him or not. A light sigh escaped his lips as he cracked his neck, what the hell was going to come at him next. The area was too damn quiet for only his footsteps down in the dwelling pipe lines of the basement levels.

What was that? He heard a triple clank of something along the metal from behind him. Immediately he whirled around to face what ever was making that noise. In that silent darkness, the long distant noise sounded like it was right next to his ear... scaring the living daylights out of him. He listened intensively, the cold sweats running down his back. Although he was not a solider of any kind, he could begin to feel a rather strange 6th sense developing around him. It was as if he was being watched... well not being watched as he was being followed. The halls were narrow, so it was not as if he was perched on a pipe somewhere waiting for his chance to strike. No... this sinister beast was possibly tempting him to lure him out. Shake his nerves.... break him down.

Shaking his head momentarily, he decided maybe he was just being paranoid. This plague has brought the worst fears out of everyone. It could be the old clanks of the pipes running their course. Although he knew that everything was shut down in the building, he let his ignorance take over him temporarily. Turning his back on the noise, he decided to creep softly and make his way down the hall. Toning down the flashlight, it would make it harder for someone to spot him down the road. Nevertheless, a flashlight would pick up in the darkness rather easily... so it was not as if he was doing him much good. Nevertheless, he calmed his shaky breath, briskly walking down the hall to catch up with his companion. "Where the hell is that old honkey..."
Back to top Go down
Cleaver

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Cleaver didn't stop running, and cleared the stairs into the basement in four steps. He knew that rushing would be dangerouse, but staying near that banging he had done was an even higher risk. He dropped his flare, desciding stealth would be apropriate.

Rounding the corner he saw the back of a man with a flashlight and armed to the teethe with projectile weaponry. Cleaver let a a shrill whistle in an attempt to get the mans attention, never a smart move but very human in origion nonetheless. He watched the man, hopeing to not get shot at.

He stepped out to where the man wuld see him when turning around. He stood perfectly still and moved his hat away from his face. "Yo, where's the other one of you?" he called....
Back to top Go down
Riley
Admin
Riley

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Riley kept his finger along side his CZ75 handgun as he made his way down the corridor... the breathing increasing with each step. He was usually cool and collected, but there were too many unknowns he had to take care of. Where the hell the old bastard was in a place such as this, what would happen if he got lost... which he considered highly a possibility. There was always the chance that a zed could pop around a corner around his blind side, and at this range he has a high chance of getting bitten or scratched. Either way, he would be on the short trip to being fucked zone. Keeping his weapon trained on the path ahead of him, he tapped the side of his barrel, keeping a clear sight of the area in front of him. He made sure to check each and every corner with a batted eye, he did not want to be caught off guard. As he strained his ears in the darkness, he could hear something in the distance...

What was it, that made that rapid noise across his ears. It sounded like padding across concrete. Straining once more, he immediately caught on to what was going on. There was a sprinter on his ass, he had been spotted. Grunting immediately, he examined his surroundings. There was only two places of entry, front or back, so it was best to prepare for the monstrosity. Shifting onto the balls of his feet, he kept the light pointing in front of him as shifted sideways down the hall... glancing back and forth to see what could be coming. He could not believe it, sprinters could not catch on so easily to his position. He kept silent, and zeds don't respond to light as much as they do the sound a creature makes. Gritting his teeth, he kept darting his eyes back and forth, trying to check his position. Where the hell was that sound coming from!

Then he heard it, the whistle. It was behind him, and his instincts kicked in. Rolling on the balls of his feet, he crouched low and brought the pistol in front of his body. Locked and loaded, safety off in one quick switch. The hammer was pulled back and he was ready to go. Bringing the light in front of him, he caught sight of the creature/thing that was making the noise. His finger was already pulling back the trigger when he immediately saw that it was not the creature of the night. It was a damn idiot. His hand was slightly shaking from the built up adrenaline, so it took him a moment to recover. Slowly releasing his grip on the trigger, he lowered his weapon slightly so it pointed towards the man's crouch. Standing up full height, a light sigh escaped his lips. "What the hell are you thinking!!!" A bright anger flowed through his flustered cheeks.

Pointing at the man, he shook his head. "If you would not of said anything, I would have unloaded on your dumb ass!!" Glad that he was taught some trigger safety, or the man would of gotten a few more assholes. "Jesus man..." As he heard him ask that question, a light sigh escaped his lips. "What other person?" He could feel that this man was probably a stalker... but he was not sure. He did not want to give his old man away either, so he might as well act dumb for the time being. There was also Yuri he had to consider. "I am just here by myself for the time..." Crossing his eyes across the man's form, he only shook his head. "Damn.... what's your name anyways?" He was merely pissed that the idiot man had almost got shot. Some people are just naturally crazy in a crisis like this. Keeping his gaze upon the man, he made sure he had a distance of 7 feet in front of him. "Stay as you are, I don't trust you yet..." His finger darting into the slide, he made sure that the man understood.
Back to top Go down
Cleaver

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:08 pm

"Eh, does you trusting me have anything to do that, however stupid you may think I am, I saw you and a bigger feller right after that gunfire pointed me in your direction? And the 2 dead sprinters up top?" Cleaver laughed, not trusting the man either he circled slowly, keeping his distance but gripping his blade just the same.

"The way I see it, the enemy of my enemy is my freind. Can we call a truce till we at least git outa here?" Cleaver whistled shrilly and a rocoon popped out of the darkness and landed nimbly on his shoulder. "M'names Cleaver, on account that I aint got a gun and like to hack shit apart. Put your gun down man, if I had any maliciouse intent I wouldn't have let you in on my position." He chuckled, "Coulda had you dead to rights man, I'm here to help, you lost two men, way I see it you need me as much as I need a gun."

He scowled at the man angrilly. "Aint like I didn't give you fair warning I was here either" He handed the coon a peice of crusty bread from his pack and then whistled again and the animal disapeared into the dark.

"I saw at least two more sprinters in here, and we have laligagged long enough, you coming along or what?" Cleaver then resumed his treck through the dark basement, not even turning to see if the guy would follow him or not. "Ahck, all these fellers from the city are the same, freiking about everything. I'll just go back to my country life soon I think." Cleaver mused silently to himself. His ears could pick up everything, and his nose could pick up the rancid racoon.

Cleaver had long ago taught the coon to stay away from the unded, so as long as his coon was near Cleaver knew he was safe. Rounding a corner Cleaver could see and L.E.D. flashing. Picking up his speed he aproached the light, hoping it was the breaker box.
Back to top Go down
Riley
Admin
Riley

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:45 am

A light sigh escaped his lips, to be honest he just did not have time to play the caution game with this man. They were deep in enemy territory and he wanted to focus on the monsters around him.... not the human that was standing right next to him. He hated to admit it, but it would make him feel a helluvah lot more safer if Cleaver was his ally than someone he had to gun down. He had seven feet on him nonetheless, it was not as if he was in a high position of power in these corridors. Unless the man was bullet proof, a shot to the knee cap would send a man sprawling if the situation was to ever arise. He doubted it would come to that. "I guess I can consider it for the time being." Pushing away his inner instincts to shoot the man so he did not have to worry about the hinderence, he slowly turned his head towards the darkness in front of them. "So I guess that means you have been watching me from afar. I didn't know I was cute enough to have a stalker." A bright smile spread across his lips, showing that he too had a sense of humor even in the darkest moments in history.

Stepping lightly in the darkness, he caught a glimpse of the raccoon he was talking about. His instincts almost made him turn sharply, but me managed to calm it with a light jut. He just did not like things coming out of the dark like that. "Nice pet." He would comment as the rascal made his way back off into the darkness. Rushing to catch up with the man, he tried to answer his questions. "Well right now I am trying to find my partner, that damn Marine has gone off to do some hunting of the few sprinters left in this place. I am surprised this place is not crawling with the dead fuckers, seeing this tower could easily host a small community. " He was thankful that they had not come across more than 1 at a time in this place. A small band of sprinters in a hall like this could easily overwhelm the two fighters. The hallways were only 5 feet wide, so the only benefit would be for Riley to have a small chance at funneling the bastards.

Watching the man sprint off, he immediately got off in a dash as well. "Hey, easy there country boy! We gotta watch out step!" Although the hallways were small, a zed could be perched up somewhere from dying in the rafters or something. They had to remember, one scratch and it was all over. "Shit!" Passing him in a mighty sprint, he made it to the breaker box. Examining the switch across the board, a light smile spread across his lips. "I wonder why the hell people would have turned this place off..." Bringing the flashlight around the box, he could tell that there was a reason why. "Holy shit... is that the nuclear symbol?" Pointing to it along the inside of the breaker box, he began to read off the generator. His eyes went wide with mere shock wrapped along the edges of confusion. "How the hell did the rich old bastards pay off something like a nuclear generator..."

Shaking his head, he continued to read the instructions aloud... trying to make sense of it. "Where the hell is the everything turn on switch. It would make things easier if we had some freaking lights on in this place." Emergency power was bound run out soon, and he did NOT want to be wandering dark in a place like this. "Cleaver, any idea how this thing works?"
Back to top Go down
Cleaver

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:41 am

Cleaver's eyes searched the machine for a clue to how it works. On the farm the generators had all ben deisol powered. "Honestly, I don't even know how to git this to turn over." he muttered. Feeling around under it he found some sort of moving panel and pushing it aside found a control panel. "Ere's something" he told Riley.

Cleaver's pet coon made a loud murring noise behind them and Cleaver reached out to warn the other man. "Sumpin's comin!" he warned. Cleaver's habnds reached for the handles of well used Kershaw blades. He sat in total silence, eyes straining to see the onslaught that was about to take place.

Suddenly it was there, the two sprinters that had gotten away on the roof. Cleaver caughht one mid charge by the neck, slamming a kershaw into the side of it's head. His strike was poor however, and he missed the soft spot in the skull and his blade glanced off.

Cleaver ducked under a mighty clawing swing by the beast and ripped his blade through one of the creatures back legs, severing the essential tendons for movement. The creature drug it's leg back and with a mighty spring lept acrost the hallway, pinning Cleaver to the wall with its powerfull paws.

Cleavers leather clothes protected him from the clawing but would not protect him from a bite. As the creature drew back it's head for the kill Cleaver readied his other blade. The beast reared his head back and that was all Cleaver needed, the exposed neck left the spinal column wide open and Cleaver began violently plunging his knife into the back of its neck until finally the creature seized up and sluped over him.

Rolling his oponent off him he looked to the other creature, who had seemed to target Riley. Removing his blade from the corpse Cleaver readied to throw....
Back to top Go down
Riley
Admin
Riley

Skill Points :

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:24 pm

Riley made a mental note of the side panel. "Alright then, I guess that means we just start flipping switches until-" the squeaking noise made his head jerk in the general direction from where it came. Immediately he saw Cleaver tense up and prepare for combat, as Riley grabbed his side arm from before. All was silent for a moment, the air in basement began to dry out. Then as he heard the padding of wild feet, Riley knew immediately to draw his weapon to target the second incoming creature, as Cleaver seemed to be taking care of the first one. At this range, it was easy, so he let the creature rush towards him with his momentum. "Come to papa you sunnavah-" Just as the creature came into view, Riley placed his sights on the creature's head. It was a muscular fellow, wearing overalls and a military waist belt. Draped over the shoulder was some kind of rifle, as it jingled towards him. Everything went into slow motion, as Riley tightened his grip towards the weapon.... steady, steady....

As his finger pulled the trigger, Riley caught a glimpse of Johnny though his LED flashlight. As the creature was struck square between the eyes, Riley's contorted look shifted to a solemn stance. As the large body fell to the ground, Riley stared at disbelief. "Johnny?" Riley called out in the darkness. "Are you there?" He could of sworn he saw Johnny behind the creature when he shot him, it was just as if Johnny was running right next to the monster. "Well hell that was funny... why the hell would he..." Glancing down the creature's backside, he caught a glance of a AK-47 rifle. Slowly, Riley dropped to his knees. His mind racing. "Oh-shit-oh-shit-oh-shit-oh-shit...." Trailing off into the darkness, Riley managed to grab the creature by it's hair and slowly lift it to see it's face. It was still warm from the turning, as all the follicles of his hair did not tear when he lifted it up. Then he saw it and immediately dropped it's head onto the floor. "Johnny... you sunnavah bitch."

Silence slowly took over him, his eyes wavering. He could not think, could not breathe... could not say a word. He just wanted solitude. He wanted to get away. This old bastard, his only family left in this god forsaken city, was gone. Reaching forward, he grabbed the dog tags around the Marine's neck, snapping them off easily. Examining the neck, he saw no open wounds which meant the necklace had no sighs of infection. He did not want to investigate how Johnny died, he just wanted to walk away. Placing the dog tags around his neck, Riley leaned forward and took off the AK-47, throwing it over his shoulder. He continued to take magazines and anything pliable he could scavenge. Tossing a few remaining magazines into his knapsack that hung loosely on his back, he walked over to the machine panel and immediately punched it.

The room began to hum once more, as the power was restored to the facility. A cool feminine voice echoed throughout the tower. "Nuclear generators are online. All functions nominal. Estimated life expectancy: 3 years at full power. Thank you for choosing Sagaku Towers." Riley only nodded to Cleaver as he made his way past the man. Turning to look down at his last friend with a light sigh. "Guess I am alone old buddy..." Ignoring Cleaver, he reached down and shut the eyes on the last beast... making sure to put a bullet into Ted's brain before walking off. He was on autopilot for the time being, and anything Cleaver said or did would be ignored or met with force.

-Exit from Area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...   CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLOSED//Trying to get the power back on...
Page 1 of 1